Chou Sing Chu Foundation (CSCF) School Library Sponsorship Programme 2020
Treasures can be found in books, and libraries are a paradise for students to obtain a wealth of knowledge. School libraries are well- loved places that students frequently visit. They are a veritable learning paradise where students are immersed in a host of exciting resources.
- We assist schools in getting the best Chinese children books from Singapore, Malaysia, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Selections are tailored / customised according to the different levels and needs of the students
- We provide suggestions/recommendations to schools in organising other concurrent events/activities to further interest growth in the language.
The Chou Sing Chu School Library Sponsorship Programme was launched in 2018, with 10 Primary Schools benefitting from the programme. This programme is co-organised by Committee to Promote Chinese Language Learning (CPCLL) in 2019.
OBJECTIVE OF SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMME
Nurturing a love for the Chinese language at an early age is important in establishing a strong foundation for learning. It helps prepare our children to plug into a globalised world and strengthen their links to our Asian heritage.
The programme is open to all primary schools in Singapore. For schools with an MOE Kindergarten, the programme will covers both libraries.
The funding is in the form of books, tailored and customised according to individual school needs.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME ENTAILS?
- Chinese children book collections in the school libraries
- Local and imported books
- Books cataloguing
- Other forms of services (subject to approval)
Please click here for more information.