Open Call for Children Book Illustrators
If you have a flair for creating and drawing characters, here is your chance to join us in illustrating children storybooks.
The proposed illustration is meant for Chinese young readers between ages 7 to 10 years old in Singapore
- Current full or part time illustrators / designers, current students and freelance professionals are welcome.
- Able to read and understand Chinese
How to Apply?
- Email a link to a portfolio of your illustration of at least five examples of your style with a short biography of yourself. Your application will be deemed as acceptance of the terms and conditions of the open call as stated below.
- Applications must be sent via email to email@example.com by 30 June, 2017, with the subject liner “Application: Open Call for Children Book Illustrators”.
- A project brief will be sent to you upon successful application.
- Artworks would have to be received by post in digital format (JPEG or PDF) via CD to ‘Chou Sing Chu Foundation, Blk 231 Bain Street #04-33 Singapore 180231” latest by 31 July 2017.
Selection of Work
- Artworks that are drawn according to CSCF’s project brief shall be assessed and the selected participant will be notified in August. The organiser reserves the right to conclude the Open Call with no selection should there be not any suitable artworks received.
- Selected illustrators shall be awarded with a project with Chou Sing Chu Foundation to publish an illustrated book with credits given and a remuneration of S$1,000 upon completion of project. Contract terms and conditions apply.
|Application:||By 30 June 2017|
|Submission of Project:||By 31 July 2017|
Open Call Terms and Conditions
- Chou Sing Chu Foundation (CSCF) reserves the right to disqualify any participant’s entry in the event of any participant’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions.
- By entering this Open Call, you have consented to allow CSCF to announce participant(s)’s name and proposed artworks, without seeking further permission or providing compensation to the participant(s) or any other party for publicity purposes. This shall include but not limited to, advertising, display, editorial, art, video production, exhibitions and website content. Proper credits shall be given to participant(s) for any publicity purposes. Non-selected artworks will not be reproduced for any paid or for-profit commercial works.
- All decisions made by CSCF with respect to this open call are final. CSCF will not enter into correspondence with any participant with regards to the Open Call’s results.